Tuesday, April 24, 2007

London, July 2006

(Click on any photo to make it larger.)



When I first left America last July, I decided to stop over a few days in England (that's in the UK). I hung out with my friend Alec, and we had lots of adventures around St. Alban's (near his parents house) and in London.

That big-ass building in the background is a church (with the always lovely Alec in the front left of the picture). I'm not sure how old that church really is, but I do know that at that point, it was the oldest building I had ever seen.

One thing about churches in Europe is that they really don't mess around (especially the Catholics). In America, churches often seem to be extremely boring (architecturally). In Europe, they cover every square inch with gold. Then they tell you how poor the church is, and that you're going to hell if you don't pay up. It's pretty sweet.

Anyway, back to London.



This is me, representing the Taos Corndogs in front of some pretty old Roman ruins. I think I'm standing in front of a town-house.

Oh wait, that's the town house.




And this is an Anglican cathedral.



And that's Cleopatra!!



And that's Buckingham Palace.


London is pretty cool.

Up next...

Salzburg!!

4 comments:

Catherine Spangler said...

Great pictures! You'll have to show me all this stuff again when I actually come to visit!

Love, Mom

Alec Hickmott said...

the thing about protestant churches in Britain that i probably forgot to tell you is that after the reformation they were actually a lot more drab. Henry VIII (god bless him) went around destroying catholic churches and stealing all their gold and stuff and hence Church of England buildings reflect are alot less pimped out.

Unknown said...

Goooooooo Corndogs!!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for writing this.